OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE OR APPLICATION NECESSARY.
- SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Marvel Mastercard® NYCC VIP Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 16, 2019 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on September 11, 2019 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, including its territories, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry, except employees and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and/or the household members of each) of Synchrony Bank (“Sponsor”), Marvel Entertainment, LLC (“Marvel”), Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”). This Sweepstakes is void wherever prohibited, and subject to all federal, state and local laws.
- HOW TO ENTER: There are two ways to enter: (1) You will earn one (1) Sweepstakes entry into the random drawing when you visit http://marvel.com/creditcard, click apply and complete all required fields on the Marvel Mastercard® credit card (“Credit Card”) online application form (“Application”). You must complete the online Application in its entirety in order to qualify and enter. Applications must be received by September 11, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET to be eligible for entry. Determination as to when an Application was completed and/or posted is at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. (2) To enter if you do not wish to apply for a Credit Card or if you are already a Credit Card accountholder, hand print your name, complete mailing address, telephone number, email address and date of birth on a plain 3”x5” piece of paper and mail in a hand-addressed stamped envelope to: The Marvel Mastercard® NYCC VIP Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7767, Melville, NY 11775-7767. Mail-in entries must be mailed separately [one (1) mail-in entry per envelope] and be postmarked by September 11, 2019 and received by September 18, 2019 to be entered into the random drawing. Mechanically reproduced/photocopied mailed entries are automatically void. Mail-in entries and Application entries are collectively “entries”. Limit one (1) entry per person/application during the Sweepstakes Period.
- RANDOM DRAWING AND ODDS OF WINNING: All potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received on or about September 19, 2019. Drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Approximate odds of winning the prize are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): Grand Prize (1 winner): A 5-day/4-night trip for two (2) to New York City, NY to attend the 2019 New York Comic Con (“NYCC”) from October 3 – October 6, 2019. Trip includes round-trip economy air transportation for two (2) from the major airport nearest winner’s home to New York City, round-trip transfers between airport and hotel, hotel accommodations for 4-nights based on double-occupancy, two (2) four-day passes to 2019 NYCC, two (2) tickets to a Sponsor-selected Marvel Panel, access for two (2) to a Sponsor-selected autograph signing in the Marvel Booth, and two Marvel Gift bags (for winner and their travel companion). The total ARV of the Grand Prize is $5,016.
First Prizes (3 winners): A Sponsor-specified exclusive collectible. The ARV of the First Prizes is $200 each.
Second Prizes (5 winners): A Marvel Gift Bag. The ARV of the Second Prizes is $50 each.
Grand Prize Information:
Grand Prize trip must be taken on Sponsor-specified dates in October 2019 or prize will be forfeited. Certain restrictions may apply. Airline tickets are for travel from major airport in the 50 United States, including its territories, D.C., and Puerto Rico nearest winner’s home to New York City, NY. Actual retail value of the Grand Prize is dependent upon airport of departure. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. The Grand Prize trip may not be combined with any other offer and travel may not qualify for frequent flyer miles. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary. In the event the Grand Prize winner lives within 150 miles of the destination, the Grand Prize winner will receive ground transportation in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided. All other expenses and costs, not expressly listed above, including, but not limited to, airline baggage fees, taxes, tips, entertainment, transfers, and transportation to airport to and from the winner’s home residence are the winner’s sole responsibility. Grand Prize winner will be required to provide a valid major credit card or some other acceptable form of payment, as determined in the hotel’s sole discretion upon hotel check-in and all in-room charges, telephone calls, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals and any other expenses charged to the winner’s hotel room will be charged to that major valid credit card. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from a winner’s or travel companion’s change to itinerary or accommodations. Accommodations are subject to availability. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. The Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion must possess valid travel documents (i.e., valid government-issued photo ID) in order to travel. A 1099 tax statement will be filed with the IRS for the actual total value of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner will receive a 1099 form in the mail, to be processed in the year in which he or she receives the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on the Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify the entrant based on the results of such background check(s), if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding a prize to such entrant or his or her travel companion might reflect negatively on Sponsor. Factors that would result in disqualification as an entrant or his/her travel companion include, without limitation, any entrant or travel companion having been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, being delinquent on a government ordered payment, such as child support, spousal support, alimony, tax payments, etc. In the event the Grand Prize winner or his/her travel companion engages in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion) is inappropriate or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early (or eject them from NYCC), in whole or in part, and send the Grand Prize winner and travel companion home with no further compensation to the winner. A representative of the Sponsor will verify the identity of the Grand Prize winner on site at NYCC and only the Grand Prize winner and his/her travel companion will be allowed entry to the Marvel panel and autograph signing and if Grand Prize winner’s travel companion is a minor, winner must accompany travel companion on all aspects of the prize. Winner and travel companion must possess a valid photo ID at NYCC. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must comply with any venue security policies at all times or else may be required to leave, at Sponsor’s or Marvel’s sole discretion. In the event that NYCC is cancelled for any reason, or if the Grand Prize winner or his/her travel companion is refused entrance to the NYCC, that portion of the prize will be forfeited and no additional compensation will be provided. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or cancellation of NYCC due to unforeseen circumstances, or those outside of Sponsor’s control. NYCC passes are not transferable. Sponsor may take videos and/or photos at NYCC ("Footage") and by accepting the prize, Grand Prize winner and travel companion agree that Sponsor may edit and use that Footage or portions of the Footage in any way they see fit.
Other Prize Information:
All Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion of prize) of equal or greater value, if prize, or portion of prize, becomes unavailable. No cash redemption of prize, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. First and Second Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Limit one (1) prize per person and per household.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by the Administrator via phone and/or email and will be required to execute and return via email or an email document link, a Declaration of Compliance/Release of Liability and Publicity Release form (where legal) and Assignment of Rights within 48 hours of notification attempt or their entry may be disqualified and a potential alternate winner may be selected, time permitting. The travel companion of the Grand Prize winner must be 18 years of age or older at time of travel or the Grand Prize winner must be the parent or legal guardian of travel companion. The travel companion of the Grand Prize winner (or the winner on behalf of travel companion if travel companion is a minor and his/her parent or legal guardian) will be required to execute a Release of Liability and Publicity Release/Assignment of Rights and return it via email to the Administrator prior to travel. First and Second Prize winners may need to verify their mailing addresses via email within 48 hours of notification attempt or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. Return of any notification as undeliverable or the return of a prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection. First and Second Prize winners will receive their prizes within 6-8 weeks after winner verification, if applicable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ and travel companion’s names, photographs, Footage (if applicable), and likenesses for publicity purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Return of any notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and alternate selection, time permitting.
- GENERAL RULES: If applicable, winner’s Marvel Mastercard credit card account must be in good standing as of prize fulfillment date in accordance with the terms described in the Marvel Mastercard credit card agreement in order to receive the prize. In the instance of co-applicant cardholders, the winner is the primary cardholder. Under no circumstances should entrants give their Credit Card account number, or any information regarding their account, over the phone or mail in connection with this Sweepstakes. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use winners’ name, photograph, Footage, and likenesses for publicity purposes without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. EACH ENTRANT HEREBY AGREES TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, MARVEL, AND THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND EACH ENTITY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND WILL BE HELD HARMLESS BY WINNERS AND ENTRANTS FOR ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, AND PROPERTY, DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF A PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES OR PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY. All entries become the sole property of Sponsor and none will be returned. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure, human error or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the transaction portion of the Sweepstakes and award the prize in a random drawing from among all eligible Application entries received prior to cancellation or termination and all eligible mailed entries received. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor on account of technical problems, or otherwise, or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for typographical or other error in printing of the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or announcement of the prize. If there are any discrepancies between printed or digital materials and the Official Rules, the Official Rules will govern and control. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE; SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- JURISDICTION: The Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah applicable to promotions fully carried out within Utah. Except where prohibited by law, any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' and/or experts’ fees; and winners hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (including attorneys’ fees), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. The winner acknowledges that no other party nor any agent or attorney of any other party has made any promise, representation or warranty whatsoever, express or implied, not contained herein concerning the subject matter hereof, to induce the winner to execute any document and winner acknowledges that they have not executed any document in reliance on any such promise, representation or warranty not contained herein. Any waiver by the Sponsor and its affiliates of any term of any document in a particular instance shall not be a waiver of such term for the future. Winner agrees that the invalidity or enforceability of any part of any document shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any of the remainder of that document.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For the winners’ list, available after October 19, 2019 for a period of at least 30 days, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Marvel Mastercard NYCC VIP Sweepstakes Winners, 100 Marcus Drive (Dept. MG), Melville, NY 11747.
- SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Synchrony Bank, 777 Long Ridge Road, Stamford, CT. The Administrator is Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Dr, Melville, NY.
Marvel Entertainment, LLC is not a Sponsor or Administrator of the Sweepstakes and is not providing prizes for this Sweepstakes.